Saturday, June 13, 2009

An Insecure Photographer

Many things have been happening. More and more people are sharing my art with others. Fan-freaking-tastic! My latest images from my studio were posted on TamiGramont.com and received very distinct support from other photographers.

Have you ever caught a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and thought, 'I don't look half bad there.' Well, what if you could catch those moments and think, 'I look pretty good there.' ? Or better yet, enjoyed your image without hubris? Just enjoyed it.

How to Choose a Photographer

I understand it is truly important that the person sitting feels comfortable, relaxed, and we have the luxury of time. The person sitting often times judges themselves much harder than the photographer. I don't judge what I see, I see shapes, lighting, colors, emotions and watch for hidden things to be revealed. I wait for the magic.

I can find beauty in all people and things, I'm not just lucky that way, I practice every day. So sitting for me is being admired and enjoyed. I see authentic aspects to the person they might not see. I open the door for a sexy woman to step forward from a "girl next door" personality that turned out to be one of my most edgy portraits. She saw a different side of herself.

We all have stories about or insecurities and resistances. We also all have inner beauty, power and energy. I wait for the person to let go of their "stories" and just be.

Here's a secret. I can see those things all the time, I just watch for the emotion to flush the skin and then "click". I hope I've revealed what I understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment