Monday, June 15, 2009

Setting the Wedding Stage

Tips for Choosing a Wedding Photographer

It has been my experience that it’s best to work with people you like. With that said, talent and attraction come into play, but not just yet.

Here is an example; when ran a kitchen remodel for my home I interviewed three drywall companies. The pricing with one was low, one was middle and the other higher. The highest guy was late. The low guy talked fast, and rushed me while asking questions, and took phone calls while with me. The middle guy, I had to wait for an appointment, however, he was on time, low-key, relaxed and easy going. I know from doing remodels in the past it can be a stressful situation. My kitchen will be torn up for months. I’ll have to wash dishes in the slope sink and deal with men in my house every day. Under the best circumstances it is stress on my life, so choosing people I don’t mind seeing every day or feel relaxed around is truly helpful.

I chose the middle guy for all those reasons. He turned out to be funny and I actually looked forward to his work days. He was punctual, dedicated to my job and not on the phone every five minutes. Not only that, but what I came to understand was, when I walked into the new kitchen it was already filled with laughter and pleasant feelings. I’d set the stage for my new kitchen, so when I walked into that room I felt good, relaxed. This could have gone far differently had I been waiting for my contractor every time, or been put off, or they didn’t show up on time. This is a glaringly obvious choice, however, people often times over look the easier answer when price shopping.

You will spend hours with your photographer, he/she will ask a myriad of questions, come to understand your family like no other professional at your wedding with exception for the coordinator and will see you on your big day. They will, however, not tear up your kitchen and you won’t have to wash dishes in the slope sink.

Tip 1.)
Which photography are you attracted to? Which art speaks louder to you? Which are you most impressed by?

Tip 2.)
Which photographer took time with you? Which one did you feel most relaxed around? Which one would you like to work with?

Tip 3.)
Which photographer do you feel important and valued by? This is critical. If you don’t feel that your photographer is interested or locked on then they probably won’t be on your big day. How well did he/she listen to you? Did they take notes? Did they ask questions that will help them understand your wants?

So, what kind of stage do you want to set for your marriage? This is the biggest celebration of your life and the launch of your new life partner. Why not start off with people who support you and enjoy being around you?

No comments:

Post a Comment