Friday, May 29, 2009

I Might As Well Admit It...

I might as well admit this now and deal with it, I fall in love every day; with people, places, colors, shapes, food, animals... It's why I am a photographer. I can devote my undivided attention to any one subject, like a person infatuated. I can drink in the shapes, colors, and even smells some times of my subject all without having the responsibility of a relationship.

I can truly admire a horse in all its splendor, strength and mystery, without getting up at 5 AM every day for years to care for it.

I see the colors of the desert at sunset, and breathe it in, soak it up, let my heart fill up to that horizon line. The purples, pinks and all those colors in between. I can see and enjoy all without cleaning one paint brush.

I can enjoy the incredible cuteness of a baby, its smiles and giggles and how he or she sees something new for the first time, and not change one diaper.

I can stare as long as I want at the deeper beauty of a woman, enjoying the curve of her check, the color of her skin at the base of her neck or the way she casts her eyes unknowingly that is so alluring. All without being seen as rude, or having any other implications projected on my gaze.

I can enjoy bodies, smiles and movements of humans in this world all without anyone ever questioning how I feel. I now know, this is a form of love too. Giving all my focus, my undivided attention to the person in my view finder is giving of a part of myself I know no other way of sharing.

And some days I get to fall in love with candy! Oh, the smells of the Candy Factory shoot will stay with me for a long time. Spicy cinnamon, deep licorice, sweet apple, and Christmas peppermint. Who do you know can say they fell in love with candy?

No comments:

Post a Comment